10 facts about Thailand
- In Thailand now 2559! Chronology they begin not with the birth of Christ, and the date of the Buddha's death in 543 BC A number of other Asian countries adhere to the same principle, but in all there is a spread in time.
- The original name of Bangkok is entered in the Guinness Book of Records. Briefly city is called Krung Thep ("City of Angels"), and his full name - Krung Thep Mahanakon Amon Rattanakosin Mahintarayutthayya Mahadilok Phop Nopparat Ratchathani Buriram Udomratchanivet Mahasatan Amon Piments Avatan Sathit Sakkathattiyya Vitsanukam Prasit. All this translates as "the city of angels, the great city, the city - the eternal treasure, the impregnable city of God Indra, the grand capital of the world endowed with nine precious stones, the happy city, full of plenty grand Royal Palace resembles the heavenly abode where reigns the reincarnated god, a city given by Indra and built by Vishnukarnom.
- Thailand ranks first in the number of monks per capita
- Thailand - the only country in Southeast Asia that has never been anyone's colony. The Thais have always lived freely and no one is dependent.
- Thailand is a country of smiles. There are thirteen officially recognized ways to smile in Thailand.
- In Thailand is very well developed anaplasty. This was largely due to the "Katoy", or transgender. Transsexuals from around the world arrive in Thailand for this purpose.
- Thai language has no word "hunger."
- About 6000 years ago rice as a crop is taken out of Thailand. And it is this country is the largest rice exporter in the world.
- His Majesty the King of Thailand - the only monarch in the world with American citizenship. He also is listed in the Guinness Book of Records as the king, who is the longest in power.
- One of royal regalia is a common fly swatter. It is made of engraved ivory and elephant tail of an albino.